Acord Ice Center
5353 West 3100 South, West Valley City UT 84120 • 385-468-1965
Swimming Pool Rules
- Click here to print the Centennial Pool Rules.
- Print the Centennial Pool Rules (Spanish).
- Register Online
Health and Safety Rules
- A cleansing shower must be taken before entering the pool and after each use of the restroom.
- Children 2 years of age and under must wear swim diapers and plastic pants. All other diapers are prohibited in the pool.
- Persons with bandages, blisters, cuts, rashes, stitches, and/or communicable diseases are prohibited from using the pool.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to a lifeguard on duty.
- Smoking and glass containers are prohibited.
- The use of the pool while under the influence of alcohol or impairing drugs is prohibited.
- Diving into the pool from the deck is allowed in designated deep water areas only.
- Jumping or diving backwards, spinning, and flipping off the edge of the pool is not allowed.
- Children 5 years of age and under must be accompanied in the water at all times and within arms reach of a parent, guardian, or chaperon 14 years of age or older. This rule applies even if the child is wearing a life jacket.
- Children 6-9 years of age must be supervised in the pool area by a parent, guardian, or chaperon at least 14 years of age or older.
- Daycamps and daycare centers must have 1:7 ratio for all children attending. Additional policies will be provided upon reservation.
- Swimsuits or appropriate swimwear must be worn. Swimming in street clothing such as cut-off sweat pants, jeans, etc is prohibited.
- The entire pool will be cleared every hour for a safety break. Safety breaks will last between 5-10 minutes.
- Sitting, hanging, or playing on safety ropes, ramps or ladders is prohibited.
- Running on the deck, shoulder riding, and rough play are prohibited.
- Offensive, disrespectful or unruly behavior, profanity, and abusive language are prohibited.
- Properly-fitted Coast Guard-approved life jackets are only allowed in water 5 feet deep or less.
- Life jackets are not allowed in water deeper than 5 feet or on slides.
- No other flotation devices are allowed in the pool.
- Lifeguard staff must approve all play toys and flotation devices brought into the pool area.
Water Structure Rules
- No running on or around the play structure.
- No headfirst sliding on slides and one person allowed on slide at a time.
- The water structure is only for children ages 12 and under.
Water Structure Rules
- No running, standing, kneeling, tumbling, or stopping on the slide.
- No head first sliding at any time - FEET FIRST ONLY
- Riders must sit down before going down the slide and remiain in the sitting position or lying on back.
- Only one person at a time may travel on the slide.
- Do not enter slide until the person before you clears the splash pool or an attendant tells you it is safe to go.
- Keep all parts of the body within the slide and exit the splash pool promptly.
- No wiating in the splash pool to catch a rider.
- Life jackets, inflatable objects, goggles, and toys are not allowed.
- Locker keys or any items that could scratch the slide are not allowed.
- Patrons must be a least 6 years old to use the slide. We suggest patrons be at least 48 inches in height to use the slide. Pregnant women should not ride the slide
- Patrons must observe the slide in use before riding.
All Lifeguards have the authority to suspend pool privileges
if rules are violated.
Salt Lake County is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Leave all valuables at home.